Getting started with the First-Year Dashboard
Welcome Class of 2023!
The information in the next few paragraphs is critical to your success in using our online pre-orientation program. From this point forward, the online pre-orientation program will be referred to as the
This secure system is a way for you to provide Gettysburg good information about YOU so that we can be ready for you when you arrive. You will be asked to provide information about your academic interests, any credits you are bringing with you from previous study, your health histories and insurance, housing preferences, your family, etc. In addition to providing information, you will be asked to take the appropriate language placement test(s) and complete information regarding financial authorizations and responsibilities.
The First-Year Dashboard has two parts. Completion of Part 1 is a pre-requisite to registering for your first semester of courses, which you will do later in the summer beginning on June 19. Completion of all remaining items and ultimately, all items of the First-Year Dashboard, is required in order to access your housing/roommate information, which will be available in early August.
Students MUST complete the First-Year Dashboard to be eligible to register for courses.
Once you follow the detailed instructions provided, you will be able to access the Dashboard at any time and anywhere in the world as long as you have an internet connection; please refer to the tips section for suitable browsers. You can begin the program and come back to it as many times as you would like until the deadline.
In order to successfully access the First-Year Dashboard, you will need the letter and packet you received from our office, the password provided in the email you received from Keira Kant, and access to the
Please follow the directions provided, as well as tips for a smooth experience with our system.
- Click on the link for the First-Year Dashboard and you should see a login box.
- Enter your USERID provided in the letter from the packet you received from our office.
- You should be prompted to enter a password. Enter the password you received in the email from Keira Kant.
You should then be prompted to change your password. Please change the password using the password guidelines.
Make note of the new password you just created.
- Once your password has been successfully changed, you will be logged in to the First-Year Dashboard.
The first (and initially only) item you will see will be for
College Email and Account Management.
Here you will perform your initial configuration for your college email account and set up your password recovery options.
Once you are finished with your email and password recovery setup, return to the
and once again click on the link for the First-Year Dashboard.
- You may need to log in again. Please do so with the USERID provided in the letter from the packet you received from our office and the password you created previously.
- Begin completing the various components of the First-Year Dashboard. For each item in the First-Year Dashboard that you complete, you should receive a green check mark. If a green check mark does not appear when you believe it should appear, try using the REFRESH button; the green check should appear. **Please make a note for the Health History and Mental Health History Items -- they may require 24 hours before a green check mark appears.
- When all items are marked complete, you have completed the Dashboard and you will receive a congratulations message on your screen.
Tips for successful completion of the First-Year Dashboard
When creating your new password,
please make careful note of it!
You will be able to set up password recovery options through your access to your college email.
If you forget your password, return to the
College Email website
to reset your password. Enter your USERID followed by "@gettysburg.edu" (so it should appear as firstname.lastname@example.org) and click Next. Follow the instructions to reset your password.
It is recommended to use either
use mobile devices to complete the Dashboard. While work has been done to make as much of First-Year Dashboard mobile-friendly as possible, there are still unfortunately many items that
consistently work correctly on a mobile device.
Please ensure your
browser is set to use English.
While most of the First-Year Dashboard should work correctly regardless, there are some items where you
will encounter issues
if attempts are made to complete them while a browser is not set to use English. We apologize in advance to our international students for this unfortunate addition of complexity to this process.
Questions? Call 717.337.6901 or email